Friday, June 19, 2015

Summertime in Haiti

I assume many of you have seen my family's post on Facebook about me being in Haiti safely, or maybe you saw some of my Instagram posts. If not, I made it safely to Haiti and have been back for almost a week!
 
The students are still in school so I've gotten to do some of the Child Sponsorship work I did before to facilitate the relationship between the sponsors and the students. Things like delivering gifts and letters from sponsors, getting to take pictures of students for profile cards, and letting the students write to their sponsors as an end of the year note. I also got the chance to see a Bible study of high school girls meet the two Haitian students they've come together to sponsor. It was really great to see how both the students and the sponsors were encouraged by their time together. 
It has been fun to reconnect with friends on staff and Haitian friends. I'm getting back into the flow of Sponsorship and also learning new things with Mobilization. My Creole (the little that was there) is coming back and it's so fun to use. There are exciting changes around here that have happened since last year. Staff in new roles and new growth in ministry and projects. 
 
I ask for your prayers for Haitian schools that they would catch the vision of Mission of Hope, live it out, and stay accountable for the children. 
 
I'm thankful for work, rest, and growth in this country. I'm challenged by the chance to be relational and look past tasks and the importance of not letting them keep me from the Lord and ministry. I'm grateful to be back after a year in the States and reflect on how the Lord is continuing to teach me things that I was learning when I was here last year.
 

On the way to one of our schools in the mountains.

The littles!

My friend in the office!

Sponsorship team up in the mountains!

Mr. Frenel on our Sponsorship staff hard at work reading a letter from a sponsor to this student so that she can respond.
 

A student at the school in Turpin!
 
 
"That my faith would be made stronger in the presence of my savior."

No comments:

Post a Comment